In every adversity lies untapped strength. Confront self-sabotage, overcome internal
hurdles, and embrace resilience. Seek help, for in vulnerability lies immense
power. Your journey is a delicate balance, where confronting challenges unveils
the incredible strength within.
In this illuminating episode of Hey, I'm Listening, Mitchelle Hutchings and Dr. Joan
delves into intricately compelling topics, ranging from the art of building resilience to the strength that emerges from adversity. Michelle enlightens us with
profound insights, unraveling the transformative power of seeking help while embracing vulnerability and strength in perfect harmony.
The discussion expands to address the stark disparities in healthcare, with a dedicated initiative to reduce the mortality rate from breast cancer among African-American women. Moreover, we embark on a poignant exploration of modern
widowhood for African-American women, delving into the intimate realms of grief, resilience, and the redefinition of life after loss.
Tune in for an episode that goes beyond the surface, offering profound insights and a tapestry of stories that resonate with the human experience.
- Navigate the complex concept of self-soothing saboteurs, discovering strategies to overcome internal obstacles.
- Gain profound insights into the transformative power of asking for assistance, and navigating the delicate balance between vulnerability and strength.
- Explore the strengths that emerge when confronting and overcoming adversities.
- Explore the process of building resilience in the face of life's challenges, unraveling the transformative journey.
- Experience a poignant exploration of grief, resilience, and the evolving definition of life after loss for African-American women.
- Uncover effective ways of navigating the internal landscape, overcoming obstacles we unknowingly place on our paths.
- Gain an illuminating insight into healthcare disparities, with a focus on reducing breast cancer mortality among African-American women.
About Michelle Hutchings
Michelle Hutchings-Medina is a former radiation therapist and oncology sales
professional turned inspirational speaker and certified professional coach.
Having survived suicide loss and breast cancer, she is on a mission to help
individuals, leaders, and organizations build resilience in a world where
things can and do go wrong.
Michelle spends her free time taking advantage of all things New York City. She moved there in 2021 with her two cats, Lucy & Delaware. In addition to discovering NYC, Michelle has enjoyed learning new things about herself as she navigates
Connect with Michelle Hutchings
– Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/hutchmedina/
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hutchmedina/?hl=en
– Twitter (X): https://twitter.com/radoncgal
About Dr. Joan
Dr. Joan Samuels-Dennis, Ph.D., is an award-winning Canadian speaker and authority on trauma recovery, reconciliation, and forgiveness. Joan has specialized in promoting the mental health and well-being of individuals, families, and communities for over a decade through her groundbreaking trauma recovery strategy, The Forgiveness Method.
Her career as an individual, couples, and family psychotherapist has helped countless people heal from their past, transform their mental health, overcome challenges, and reclaim their lives.
Listen to the full episode on
Subscribe to our various channels by clicking the link below
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/hey-im-listening/message