Activate the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship, as exemplified by Tosin's incredible journey. Let's celebrate the remarkable achievements of black women in leadership and champion justice and equal opportunity for everyone. In a world
where diversity and inclusion are our strengths, let's design a brighter future together.
In this captivating episode of "Hey, I'm Listening," Tosin takes the stage to share her incredible journey as a black female entrepreneur. She drives a dynamic discussion on entrepreneurship, and inspiring innovation, and dives into her insights on visual design and academia within the prestigious Ivy League.
With a spotlight on the unique opportunities and hurdles faced within this elite institution, the conversation naturally extends to the remarkable achievements of black women in leadership.
This episode is a well-rounded exploration, delving into the space of branding, design, justice, and equal opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds. Listen in for a vibrant dialogue about leveling the playing field for men and women, people of color, and our white counterparts.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: The dynamic world of
entrepreneurship, emphasizing the role it plays in driving innovation and progress.
- Insights on Visual Design: The fascinating world of
visual design and its impact on branding and communication.
- Academia and the Ivy League: The opportunities and
challenges associated with academia, particularly within the Ivy League institutions.
- Exploring Branding and Design: A deep dive into the importance of branding and design in building a strong business identity and reputation.
- Justice and Equal Opportunity: The issues of justice and equal opportunity for individuals of all backgrounds, emphasize the importance of a level playing field.
- Diversity and Inclusion: The pursuit of diversity and inclusion, advocating for equal opportunities for men and women, people of color, and individuals from all walks of life.
About Tosin Odugbemi
Tosin Odugbemi is a Canadian academic and design practitioner. After earning her Bachelor of Environmental Design degree, she founded a design agency specializing in branding and commercial architectural design. Alongside leading her practice, she is pursuing a Master of Architecture degree at Harvard University and studies marketing and behavioral economics at MIT. Her creative work is informed by social justice, psychology, and art history research, resulting in tactile, influential, and deeply experiential spaces. Tosin is a proponent of using beauty as a tool for activism, a concept that has been carried as a pillar in her work.
Books By Tosin:
Connect with Tosin Odugbemi
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tosinodugbemi/?hl=en
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tosin.odugbemi.7/
– LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tosin-odugbemi
– Website: https://www.oluwatosin.net/
– Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/tosinodugbemi/
About Dr. Joan
Dr. Joan Samuels-Dennis, Ph.D., is an award-winning Canadian speaker and authority on trauma recovery, reconciliation, and forgiveness. Joan has specialized in promoting the mental health and well-being of individuals, families, and communities for over a decade through her groundbreaking trauma recovery strategy, The Forgiveness Method.
Her career as an individual, couples, and family psychotherapist has helped countless people heal from their past, transform their mental health, overcome challenges, and reclaim their lives.
Listen to the full episode at
Subscribe to our various channels by clicking the link below
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/hey-im-listening/message